Saturday, September 8, 2012

Has it really been that long???

Has it really been since FEBRUARY that I've posted here last?  Crazy!  And sorry!  Goodness, I last posted at my little girly's third week of life and that little girly is already 7 months!

Here is my little beauty at 6 months.  :)  We'll be doing her 7month photo shoot soon (nothing professional of course, just me and my camera taking pics of a pretty girl :) ).

Well, we have been back in the states since mid-May and have been loving it!  There really is no place like home.  We attended out organizations missionary conference in July and had a wonderful time.  The beautiful mountains and refreshing weather made it hard to leave!

Since returning from Colorado (end of July) we've been busy raising the funds for our return to Portugal.  We have quite a large amount of money to raise (about $47,000 now) so we plan on being stateside for at least a few more months.  Please pray with us for God to provide all of our funds in his time.

In the mean time, I have started homeschooling my Kindergartner (crazy!).  It has been a great success!  Elijah loves his school time and so does his brother who has his own little Pre-K school curriculum (serious stuff here ;) ).  We are using The Phonics Road to Reading and Singapore Math.  So far (granted, it has only been one week!), both seem great! I am super excited to experience the magic of seeing a little one learn to read.  I know it won't be long before it happens.  :)

We moved into a missionary house this past week and will be in this house until we head back to Portugal.  Moving around from place to place is so unsettling that I am so grateful to be able to stay put for awhile.  Thank you, Jesus!  This means my homebody loving self can let her guard down a wee bit and just relax for a minute.  It is good to be able to relax, even if just for a bit.

I must admit, I am ready for a less mobile life.

You know, all of Psalm 27 is good but these verses really encourage me:

13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!



Blessings to you all!  May your hearts be full of His peace, grace and love as you lead out your lives where ever it is he has placed you.  :)  I leave with with a few pics from these past few months.  Enjoy!

 Whiting Family Vacation

 Our "School" :)

 Elijah practicing his letters.

 Hiking with our good friends in Colorado.

 My beautiful friend, Marina.

 Wild Strawberries found on our hike.

 Beauty.

 Daddy and son.

 My two PRECIOUS boys.

 One of my favorite photos of this little guy.  Melts my heart.

 My girlie and me.

Hamming it up.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing px of your time here stateside! Blessings!
    Lagene

    ReplyDelete