If you've not heard or read our story you can find part one HERE.
Here we go,
Lessons Learned in 2+ Years of Living in Transition:
These are in no particular order. Most of these things I would say I "knew" prior to these past two years because I read them in the Bible but I can now say that I "experientially" know them. There is a BIG difference. Be encouraged today.
- God is good and has a good plan for you.
- Stretching hurts... but is good for your mind, body and soul.
- Everything God does is PURPOSEFUL. He does NOTHING haphazardly.
- Weeping may last for the night (or two or three or four!) but joy DOES come--even if it is not as soon as you might want.
- If you truly give your whole self to Jesus, He will lead you into places you had never imagined possible.
- The Lord will never give you any more than you can handle (even if you feel differently).
- If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS.
- You want adventure? Jesus has one for you.
- When you step out in faith, onto what seems like thin air, God comes in all His fullness and provides a firm place to walk on.
- Jesus TRULY IS close to the brokenhearted.
- It is ok to cry. A lot even. :)
- God DOES hear our cries.
- God makes ALL things work together for my good.
- Staying in the presence of God as much as possible is KEY. Otherwise, fear, doubt, and unbelief can easily creep in (not to mention all sorts of other ugly sin!).
- Our Lord is kind and tender and he deals with us COMPASSIONATELY.
- When God's timing is right, His provision comes. Not any sooner or later.
- If God has given you a promise, pray for it and keep praying. Knock and keep knocking, He WILL answer and bring that promise to fruition in His time--so don't give up!
- If you lack wisdom or faith, ask God to give you all you need. He will.
- If you struggle with unbelief, ask God to help you in your unbelief. He will.
- God is more faithful to us than we can imagine.
- God knows us better than we know ourselves. Spend some good quality time with Him, He always has good & encouraging things to say to you.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you were encouraged today.